Rosemary Re: [Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Feb 29 16:31:14 PST 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Elaine Koogler wrote:

> I wish someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong about growing it.  I
> have tried to get it started outside, inside, in a pot...you get the
> point.  And every time, the bloody stuff dies on me.  I'm going to try
> one more time this spring.  I hae a friend who has a rosemary bush and
> she's going to give me a piece of that one.  I figure if hers is grown
> in the same county, maybe it stands a chance of growing here.

My experience with Rosemary (which I regularly end up killing off every
winter) is that in addition to being a tender perennial, it likes good
drainage-- it likes to be let dry out almost completely, then get a good
soaking. If you keep it too wet, or don't immediately water it when it
does get dried out, it will die on you.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"...for you are one / Of the time-sifted few that leave the world,
When they are gone, not the same place it was. / Mark what you leave."
-- Edwin Arlington Robinson, _Tristram_