[Sca-cooks] Re: pennsic class

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Feb 28 05:31:33 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/27/2004 10:43:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sudnserv5 at verizon.net writes:

Olaf, you've forgotten about this part:

>The teachers will be allowed to limit the number of handouts or kits
> available. However, they will be obligated to take any extra students
> waiting for their class as auditors, ****unless this is a safety issue.****
(emphasis added) >If this is the case, please make a note on the application
to teach mentioning the >maximum number of auditors you are willing to take.

What you describe is most certainly a safety issue, and I see no reason why
you could not specify in the class description that only X number of people,
whether auditors or hands-on participants, will be allowed to enter the camp for
the class, that people will be admitted on a first come, first served basis,
and anyone who arrives after the class limit has been reached will not be
allowed to enter the camp for safety reasons.  You might note that if there are
sufficient people who would like to take the class but do not get in, you may be
able to offer it again on another day to those who did not get into the first
class.

I don't see how that would be contrary to either the rules listed for the
formal A&S classes or detrimental to the safety of the participants and your
camp.  It will, however, require you to have someone at the gate keeping count of
those who enter for the class.

Brangwayna