[Sca-cooks] Baking bacon

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 8 10:41:14 PST 2004

Recently at one of my family get-togethers, I got assigned the job of cooking the bacon strips. I usually cook my bacon in the microwave. The tray I was using stacks the bacon vertically and that lets me cook about 12 pieces at once. However, with that many slices it took the microwave about 18 minutes to cook the bacon to a crisp stage. And it took two batches to make enough bacon. I cooked two packages  of bacon, more than two pounds, I think.

Since my wife was using the stove to cook other items it was not available and it probably would have taken longer to cook that many in the skillet.

I believe that some of you have mentioned cooking bacon in the oven before for feast breakfasts and such. How did you do this?

Thanks,
  Stefan