[Sca-cooks] cook's clothing

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 15 13:48:30 PST 2004

Ulfr commented:

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius <adamantius at verizon.net> [2004.01.12] wrote:
> >1.  What do you do to protect yourself in the kitchen from injuries?
>
> I generally wear a cook's cote, designed with some of the features of
> a modern chef's white coat, in an essentially period design. My

I've been thinking about this, and will try to make -- out of linen -- a
caftan style coat, with most of the added features you list. Mostly I've
been using a "scratch" tunic, but as times goes by making someothing
dedicated is more and more appealing.
<<<<<<

Perhaps some of the comments in this file might help. I believe there are more comments on Adamantius' cote, as well as comments on modern chef's coats and comments about what other folks find useful.
cooks-clothng-msg (36K)  3/23/03    Period and SCA cooks clothing.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/cooks-clothng-msg.html

Stefan