[Sca-cooks] Sephardic cuisine, was "decadent alternative to butter in smashed potatoes"

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 28 10:23:08 PST 2004

>Angharad,
>  >I am 100% Ashkenazi, but I agree with you, I LOVE the taste of Sephardic
>  >food more.
>
>And..... recipe please!!
>
>Phillipa

May i recommend:

The Scent of Orange Blossoms: Sephardic Cuisine from Morocco
Kitty Morse and Danielle Mamane
Ten Speed Press, Berkeley Calif: 2001
ISBN 1-58008-269-6
(this is the hard cover ISBN - if there's a paperback version, the
ISBN will differ)

A WONDERFUL book!!! Not only great recipes, but stories, personal
letters, photos (color of the recipes, black-and-white historicals)
of a community which is pretty much gone. Kitty Morse got her name
from her English father, but had a Sephardic family on her mother's
side and was born and raised in Morocco, where her mother's family
lived.

Anahita