[Sca-cooks] a cooking club

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 2 11:54:18 PST 2004

>> Phillipa,
>> who is guessing that the first cooks club will be tur-duc-en because
>> everyone went crazy over the idea.  (But we are going to get together to
>> look at medieval reciepes first  <in an evening> and I am going to have a
>> few goodies out to temp them.  ie: gingerbread.... Can't think of what else
>> at the moment,,,,,,, wish I could get my hand on a bottle of meade.

White Winter Meadery   www.whitewinter.com

Commercial mead that I consider worth feeding to SCAdians and outsiders
alike

In the meantime, I would preach the line of showing them some historical
recipes that look familiar, such as Pain Perdu and the various fritters from
Platina.  Yup, French toast and fish sticks. Medieval food is not weird
after all!  Then you can slowly seduce them to the more interesting recipes.
Bwahahaha!

Selene Colfox