[Sca-cooks] a cooking club

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 21:28:09 PST 2004

> Phillipa,
> who is guessing that the first cooks club will be tur-duc-en because
> everyone went crazy over the idea.  (But we are going to get together
> look at medieval reciepes first  <in an evening> and I am going to have
> a few goodies out to temp them.  ie: gingerbread.... Can't think of
> what
> else at the moment,,,,,,,
I would recommend Cheese Goo - Digby's Savory Tosted Cheese. It is easy
to make, it's not so strange as to scare folks off and it seems to go
over well with folks new to period food. I did this for my work
Christmas party this year and it went over well. I had printed off ten
copies of the recipe and a link to the Florilegium so folks could find
some more info and figured that this would be more than enough. Every
single one, but the one that was labeling the dish, and had gotten
cheese spilled on it, got picked up.

> wish I could get my hand on a bottle of meade.
How much time do you have? Your best bet is likely to be to find
someone locally to donate a bottle or two. I've not been overly
impressed with the commercial meads I've bought locally but perhaps
some of the ones available by mail order which may be limited by your
particular state, might be better. Unless you've got six months to a
year, you don't have time to brew some yourself.
meadery-list-msg  (26K)  4/ 4/02    Lists and reviews of commercial
meaderies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/meadery-list-msg.html

Stefan
--------