[Sca-cooks] Good recipes for fresh eggs?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Wed Jan 7 16:41:15 PST 2004

Also sprach vicki shaw:
>I have a fantastic recipe for an egg torte brought to Morocco by Jews
>feeling the Spanish Inquisition in 1492 (my heritage).  It is actually best
>eaten cold or at room temp.  It does not freeze, tho, but I always have much
>success with it when I make it for friends.  My grandmother used to make it.
>When it is done, it actually looks like a cake, but it is made with eggs,
>potatoes, and mixed veggies.  If you want it, i will give it with pleasure.

The above sounds like a close variation of a
tortilla española, which is quite similar to what
Italians would know as a frittata. In Spain,
frequently found in tapas bars and a common
packed-up lunch staple (and much more fun than
PBJ). I wonder when it actually does originate in
its current form, though, since I assume that
even Spanish Jews fleeing the Inquisition didn't
have access to potatoes  prior to 1492.

Brighid, is there anything like a tortilla di
papas/tortilla espanola in Granado?

Adamantius