[Sca-cooks] Moroccan preserved lemon recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 10 21:35:39 PST 2004

Angharad replied to me with:
> okay, fair enough, Stefan.  I need to hone my recipe writing skills.
Oh, @#$%^!! Stefan does it again.
No, that certainly was NOT what I was saying in any way.
Perhaps it is the difference between the rough outlines of most period
recipes and the way modern recipes sometimes seem to be written with
the beginning cook in mind with every little detail called out. Just
assume that I am the latter.
The only real thing I wasn't certain about was the amount of juice. The
other questions just came to me as I was writing my message. While I
felt I could guess the answers, I thought I'd ask them anyway. Once the
recipe gets into the Florilegium, I might get such questions and I'd
really rather have the correct answers from the knowledgeable person
than give out my assumptions and guesses.

So I certainly do not want you or anyone else to hold off sending any
recipes to the list or me until they are written out in every little
detail. It's like my friend who wouldn't come to an SCA event until she
had perfect garb. Unfortunately, she never did.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com