[Sca-cooks] A couple of things....

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Mon Jan 12 18:15:39 PST 2004

Hi Folks finally checking in for real again...
Christmas,
Ok I just had to gloat and puff up my tail feathers here...
3 Cookbooks, Some Large Bamboo Steamers to replace the small ones we
killed (finally) 2 years ago..., a new cutting board, and a 10 inch
Henckle!!!!!! And oh boy is it sweet to use!!!  And What a Bargain on
the price!!!!!!!!

Which leads me to the next bit of business...

Master Admantius!!!
I was reminded that I never Thanked You for your suggestions for my/our
New York City trip!!!  The Nice Restaurant was Exquisite!!!!!!!!!!  Five
Points... Having seen the movie I could actually see the site properly!
Chinatown was wonderful and the shopping was fabulous!!!  If anyone
wants a good suggestion for internet shopping I will send you the
address of the store we visited!!! That 10" Knife I mentioned was less
than $80.00 and YES IT IS THE REAL DEAL!!!
The impromptu market that popped up as we were walking down Broadway was
really nifty and I would want to shop there every day for the evenings
meal.  incredible.
For those who have never been might I recommend a trip to NY City if you
can!!!

For Olwen,
Hiya it is that time of the year again... I will email you to see if I
can biy some supplies from you...

I have my first SCA official feast coming up in May.  I am part of a 4
chef team that is cooking feast for an event.  I am doing most of the
desserts as well as a Course.  All Spanish recipes so expect me to come
looking for help with the recipes folks.  (Not finding them, shucks I
supplied them for the other cooks...but with figuring out the actual
recipes that folks have used...)
I hope all of you are well as I have been deleting most mail to quickly
to properly keep up for about 3 months now... Life has finally slowed
down enough to where I can read again.

Nichola