[Sca-cooks] this list was a worrisome quote from Le Menagier

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jan 14 06:53:09 PST 2004

> >>  The East Kingdom is (approximately) everything
> >>  east of the Hudson River,
> >Ahem.
> >I think you mean the the Susquehanna River, or at least the Delaware.
> If I had intended to give a longer and more detailed description,
> yes, I would have meant that. However, since I didn't, I didn't. My
> failure to do so, was, however, not intended as a slight, so much as
> an invitation to the listener to fill in my minimalist sketch with
> his or her own common sense.

I think the important thing to bear in mind here is that the description
is being given by a New Yorker. Remember the "New Yorker's View of the
World" posters?

FYI: The East Kingdom does includes parts of NY on the west side of the
Hudson.  It also includes New Jersey, Delaware, and at least 1/3 of
Pennsylvania.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead