[Sca-cooks] chickpeas chickpeas chickpeas

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Wed Jan 14 16:36:27 PST 2004

 Speaking of chickpeas, here is a great snack with drinks:

when chickpeas are done cooking and tender but not mushy, put them in a
large bowl to cool
add cumin, salt, pepper, finely diced or crushed garlic (optional), lemon
juice (fresh please, not the ersatz crap from a plastic ersatz lemon),
couple tblsp olive oil and some Moroccan hot sauce (harissa) which good
middle eastern stores sell in a tube.  I get it fresh from Morocco every
year when my bro goes.
Toss it all up and serve in little bowls.  it is finger food, so unless you
are making a HUGE qutity for lots of people, go easy on the olive oil.

> Well, actually, slow cooking is better for this, because I can just set
> them in a slow cooker and ignore them. But I will bring my mom's pressure
> canner in case they need to be hurried up at the end.
>
> -- Jadwiga, whose head is whirling with recipes and plans and so forth

howz that for chop chop?