[Sca-cooks] OOP Bugs was:International recipe site

Ana Valdés agora at algonet.se
Thu Jan 15 03:37:15 PST 2004

I was for en month ago in my old homeland, Uruguay, and took part of a
traditional "grillparty". My cousins, who owns 10.000 ha mark and 6.000
sheep and 3.000 cows, had slaughtered a pig, a sheep and a cow and we
ate. We were fifty people eating and we ate the brass of the animals,
the intestines and the kidneys. All cultures have eaten in some path of
their evolution "all" of the animal, in Gotland, in Sweden, and in
Scottland, the recipe to made haggish still include the lungs of the
animal. And they eat the head of the lambs, as the Moroocan does.
And in Spain you can eat bulls testicles every Sunday efter the bulls
has been killed in the traditional "corrida".
I can recommend the book "Unpalatable cuisine", or "Are you going to eat
that?".
Ana

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> At 09:22 PM 1/14/2004, you wrote:
>
>> apart from canibals who probably ate every part of the human, why is
>> it that
>> organ meats such as brain, liver, kidney, heart, tripe, and aye, even
>> testicles have been consumed, are consumed, but I have never heard of
>> a dish
>> made of bull, pig, or sheep penises....do other cultures consume them
>> and
>> only we have some kind of taboo?  I am just curious is all.
>

> Oh, dear God, I'm going to fall over- If only Ras were here...
>
> Dear, high thee to Stefan's Florilegium. I can't remember where it is,
> but there's a file in there that covers exactly these recipes, and yes
> Virginia, there really is a recipe for Bull's Penis. There was an
> extended conversation on this list about the Bull Penis and Sheep's
> Testicles- which if I remember right, was served at a cooks gathering
> at Pennsic, yes? Phlip, weren't you there?
>
> Ooohh... my Eudora is giving me nasty looks for the language in this
> post! I think I shall dub this program Mrs. Grundy!
>
> 'Lainie

Skarpnäcks Allé 45
128 33 Skarpnäck
Phone: +468-943288