[Sca-cooks] PETA eating and meat

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Jan 17 15:21:23 PST 2004

At 03:10 PM 1/17/2004, you wrote:
>Also sprach Edouard de Bruyerecourt:
>>Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>>

>>>I thought it was Saint Mal de Mer, who miraculously invented dramamine,
>>>to save a pair of chaste lovers from seasickness...
>>
>>They wouldn't have been seasick if they hadn't have tried to be 'chaste'
>>in a waterbed.
>>
>>Wait. They're seasick? Isn't being chaste redundant? How does one even
>>_think_ of being unchaste while already seasick?
>
>Possibly the lesson here is that chastity brings on seasickness. Which
>might be why the heart is used, rather euphemistically, as a symbol of
>Saint Mal de Mer.
>
>Adamantius, vaguely scenting trouble over this one

You betchum. ;-) Now is the time to remark that not remaining chaste may
well result in a condition that (at the outset, at least) bears a distinct
resemblance to seasickness...

'Lainie
-putting on the track shoes- Maire, open up the back door, I'm on my way!
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president ... right or
wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to
the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt, 1918