[Sca-cooks] Re: Names for SO's (OOP humour)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius at verizon.net
Sat Jan 17 15:44:17 PST 2004

Also sprach Edouard de Bruyerecourt:
>Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius wrote:
>

>>To be honest, in the end, they all sound to me pretty much like,
>>"Wendy... Darling... LIGHT... of my LIFE!!!!!"
>
>There was a wealthy businessman who had a new driver one day.
>"You're new, aren't you? What's your name?"
>"James, sir"
>"Well, "James," I don't know who you've worked for before, and,
>frankly, I don't care. But around here, I always call my drivers by
>their surnames."
>"Yes, sir. Sorry, sir."
>"So, what's your name, then?"
>"Darling, sir. James Darling."
>"Very well. Take me home, James."

IIRC, Tim McInerney's character (he had formerly been Lord Percy
Percy in the various earlier Blackadder incarnations) in the BBC
series "Blackadder Goes Forth" is Captain Darling, with numerous
amusing lines directed by General Meltchett at Captain Darling.
Hence, "What a day I've had, Darling. Fetch me a drink, Darling?
Thank you, Darling."

Adamantius