[Sca-cooks] re: Pigs Head

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 15:11:10 PST 2004

In a message dated 1/18/2004 4:10:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
phlip at 99main.com writes:

> Is there aactually a tasty version, or is it simply one of those "De
> Gustibus..." things?

I don't know about "taste"....it's usually got lots of pepper and is rather
greasy.  My main complaint is that in restaurants they slice it thin and fry it
dark brown on both sides...rendering it about the consistency of tile!  I
prefer to buy my own (at the Lewisburg Farmer's market) and slice it thick and
lightly brown it on both sides so it is warmed thru.  Add a slice of cheese and
let it melt a bit...put between bread.  Great "breakfast" sandwich!

Etain