[Sca-cooks] French table Service and Web site

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Tue Jan 20 13:25:51 PST 2004

if you can scan those passages and send them to me, I will be happy to xlate
them for you as French is my first language, well, both English and French,
really, since Ilearned them simultaneously.  I am at anyone's service for
xlations anytime.

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom
vhsjvs at gis.net

Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] French table Service and Web site

> I read French very poorly...it's been a VERY long time since I studied it
(back in college in the very early 60's).  But from what I could determine,
it looks like there is some good information there.  I especially would love
to have a translation of the initial passage you refer to...I believe that
Scully referenced it in his discussion of how kitchens are run in his "Early
French Cookery".