[Sca-cooks] French table Service and Web site - xlation part one

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 20 18:36:25 PST 2004

This is great.  I know that there are other descriptions, but this one is one that I had found paraphrased and a small quote in the Scully work...and had used what I found in an article I wrote on 14th c. kitchens, etc.  This person was highly placed in the household of the Duke of Normandy, I think...and his diary entry on this matter is very useful.  It really will be far better to reference the diary directly (closer to a primary source, even if it is a translation) than to use the reference from another book.

I look forward to reading the remainder of it!

Kiri (I know...what's a Japanese doing writing about European kitchens....)