[Sca-cooks] French table Service and Web site - xlation part one

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Tue Jan 20 18:44:14 PST 2004

Too bad I could not find a xlation for echanson.  But for future reference,
I did find a great french/english dictionary online to help me with
unfamiliar terms.  They use the word 'service' so interchangeably, that I
had to use context to get the right idea.  Glad you are happy with it.  I
will tackle the next big para tomorrow.
vicki

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw

> This is great.  I know that there are other descriptions, but this one is
one that I had found paraphrased and a small quote in the Scully work...and
had used what I found in an article I wrote on 14th c. kitchens, etc.  This
person was highly placed in the household of the Duke of Normandy, I
think...and his diary entry on this matter is very useful.  It really will
be far better to reference the diary directly (closer to a primary source,
even if it is a translation) than to use the reference from another book.

> I look forward to reading the remainder of it!
.org/mailman/listinfo/sca-cooks