[Sca-cooks] Shepherd's Pie

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 27 07:57:15 PST 2004

I don't, actually.  My family was never very big on mashed potato
anything, so I never got in the habit.
I always got the impression, though, that it was a sort of leftovers
dish--in the bottom, hamburger, onion, veggies of some sort, held
together with lutheran binder or *maybe* tomato sauce, and covered with
a blanket of mashed potatoes, and then baked.  Hamburger was precooked.
We did, however, tend to have open-faced sandwiches from
seasonal/holiday turkey leftovers, though.
--maire, thinking a casserole-something actually sounds pretty good on a
cold January day....hmmm.....I've got almonds and
rice...hmmm...blancmange....