[Sca-cooks] Libro di cucina

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 27 17:06:56 PST 2004

Hi, Kiri:

Well, a search through old messages turned up a reference to a Libro
di cucina/ Libro per cuoco (14th/15th c.) (Anonimo Veneziano)

Thomas Gloning wrote:
>The Italian 'Libro di cucina'/ 'Libro per cuoco' (14th/15th c.), also
>known as 'Anonimo Veneziano', is online at:
>    http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/~gloning/frati.htm
>The digital version is based on the Frati 1899 edition. Please report
>any bugs that might have escaped me so far! -- Th.
>(Apologies for the bandwith to those not interested in original texts.)

Another ancient message mentioned the Hungarian Tarte recipe in The
Medieval Kitchen as being from Libro di
cucina del secolo XIV, which is from

Fratri, Ludovico, ed. Libro di cucina del secolo XIV. Livorno, 1899;
reprinted Bologna, Forni, 1970 ("Testi Antichi di Gastronomia," 7)

Seems like you may have a photocopy of the 1899 edition...

Anahita