[Sca-cooks]Mock Apple Pie? (was "Tuna Cassarole") (was:Shepherd's Pie)

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Jan 28 11:03:28 PST 2004

--On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:50 AM -0800 Susan Fox-Davis
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> The National Biscuit Company created Ritz Crackers in 1933 and shortly
> afterward introduced a recipe that has remain an adored oddity for nearly
> 70 years: Mock Apple Pie. Its popularity soared during World War II when
> fresh apples were a luxury few could afford.

full body shudder.... uuuuUUUUUuuuuUUUuuuUUUUuuuuu!

my family never made it.  prolly, thank god, cuz the ritz crackers were
more expensive than the apples on the tree in the yard. 8)

cailte
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions