Food like/dislikes AND medieval bread WAS RE: [Sca-cooks]MockApple Pie?

Generys ferch Ednuyed generys at blazemail.com
Thu Jan 29 05:45:59 PST 2004

Sorry, Adamantius, I actually do agree with you on this, just my particular
brand of humor doesn't quite translate online, no matter how many emoticons
and such I put in it.  Hmm, come to think of it it doesn't really always
translate in person either...lol. Speaking of, you're in my kingdom and
we've never met, we should fix that sometime <grin>. Going to any events
anytime soon?

Generys

> Also sprach Generys ferch Ednuyed:
> ><Shrug> I can't say as how voicing one's dislike of a
> particular food
> >(or food group ;-) is that different than voicing ones
> liking of it...
>
> The difference is vast. First of all, voicing one's approval
> virtually never makes one sound like a petulant, spoiled brat
> or a religious fanatic (neither does disapproval,
> necessarily, but sometimes it does either or both). Secondly,
> speaking of the things one likes, or referring only passively
> to those things one doesn't, is less likely to foster hurt
> feelings among, and be inferred as criticism of, those people
> who feel differently.

<snip>