[Sca-cooks] Okra-was Re: Food like/dislikes etc

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Jan 29 09:46:58 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> oooh, thank you!  I look forward to that!  especially the green tomatoes.
> yum!  Next week?  we can make a run to A Dong again so you can check out
the
> wok you asked me about that I zoned out on.
> Vicki
> I got a nice bunch of slender bok choys that I plan to braise probably
> tomorrow.
> tata!

Problem is, it's a very seasonal dish- you need fresh okra and green
tomatoes. We _might_ find fresh okra here in Yankee land, and I could likely
sub in the winter tomatoes we get, since they taste green, being picked that
way, but to do it right, we'll need to wait until this summer.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.