[Sca-cooks] Re: Mediterranean food

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 08:04:21 PST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: "Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius" <adamantius at verizon.net>

Didn't the Normans also hold Sicily, or part of it, for a while,
before then? That might well have been a factor, as well, if the
cuisine of modern Normandy is any indication.

Adamantius

Yes, indeed, the Normans did hold Sicily for awhile. In researching my own family's history, I found out that Corleone had originally been an Arab village called Qr'lani. When the Arabs were finally expelled from power (although many chose to remain on the island), William II, one of the Sicilian Norman kings and perhaps the best well known, had Corleone resettled with Lombards. I kept wondering why so many damn red heads with hazel blue or green eyes kept popping up in my grandmother's line.

Gianotta