[Sca-cooks] Re: Mediterranean food

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Jan 31 08:21:02 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Didn't the Normans also hold Sicily, or part of it, for a while,
> before then? That might well have been a factor, as well, if the
> cuisine of modern Normandy is any indication.
>
> Adamantius
>

> Yes, indeed, the Normans did hold Sicily for awhile. In researching my own
family's history, I found out that Corleone had originally been an Arab
village called Qr'lani. When the Arabs were finally expelled from power
(although many chose to remain on the island), William II, one of the
Sicilian Norman kings and perhaps the best well known, had Corleone
resettled with Lombards. I kept wondering why so many damn red heads with
hazel blue or green eyes kept popping up in my grandmother's line.

> Gianotta

Actually, guys, if you look at the history of Sicily, about the only peoples
who DIDN'T hold Sicily at one time or another were the Mongols, the East
Asians, and the native Americans....

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.