Iron Chef Milk cheese was Re: [Sca-cooks] jellied milk

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jul 6 17:33:51 PDT 2004

Mmmm...what might be really, really good is a red curry ice cream, with
those lovely citrus notes.  Coconut milk, spices, etc.
Hmmm....my little Thai cookbook lists the following ingredients for red
curry paste: coriander, cumin, peppercorns, garlic, cilantro root, red
chilies, lemon grass, lime, fresh galangal & shrimp paste.  The only
things that might taste a bit odd in ice cream, to me, would be the
garlic & shrimp paste, but then again, maybe not.
Same cookbook also has a green curry paste: coriander, cumin,
peppercorns, green chilies, shallots, garlic, cilantro root, fresh
galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, cilantro leaves and shrimp paste.
And a "fragrant curry paste:" garlic cloves, shallot, red chilies, lemon
grass, cilantro root, lime zest, kaffir lime leaves, peppercorns, shrimp
paste.
Hmmm....I do have an ice cream maker, although it's at the storage unit.
  hmmmm.....
--maire, with a raging jones for curry at the moment *huge sigh*