[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-coks] jellied milk

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 7 22:51:25 PDT 2004

Olwen replied to me with:
> Stefan, I will endevor to make some at Pennsic so yo can give it a try.
> What flavor do you like?  OK, let's narrow that wide open question
> down a
> bit...
Yeah, my  first thoughts probably wouldn't pass on a family-oriented
list...:-)
> Vanilla, rosewater, orange blossom water, something along those
> lines.
All of those might be nice, but I've always preferred chocolate  milk
to plain or vanilla milk. It  sounds like you are thinking of period
flavorings, although vanilla, isn't one. I've  heard the orange blossom
water mentioned before on this list, but I've never had it. So mayhaps
that would be my first choice. Or cinnamon? Or perhaps that is better
used as a sprinkle on the top.
> You are there for both weeks, yes?  Or at least the last part
> of the first week?
I've not gotten my tickets yet, but usually the early part of the first
week through  the last weekend. Last year the available flights seemed
to have shrunk from previous years.
> Let me know.  It would be easier to do this on the first week
> as we will have more room in the chiller.
There is Margali's gas freezer in our camp, if that helps. There is
usually room in there.
> (oh, think jello jiggler texture)
Well, I've heard these mentioned (also here, I think) but I've never
had one.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas