[Sca-cooks] Stefan: Mixer/Egg Beater...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed Jul 14 22:35:52 PDT 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> > If you actuall mean a plug-in, hand-held mixer, they work fine and
> > there's no reason you can't make a mousse with one of them.
> Okay. My mother-in-law did give us one of those before we were married,
> with the proviso that if we broke up, it became her daughter's. :-)
> Unfortunately, I haven't seen it for a long time, and I don't remember
> it turning up in our recent move. I guess this is another reason to
> start looking for a Kitchen Aid one. Too bad I got there 30 minutes too
> late (ie: 30 minutes after they opened) at that last Tuesday morning
> sale.

Stefan, you're complicating things unnecessarily. Yes, you can get a major
mixer or mixmaster, and drop $150- 200 on one. Or, you can go down to
Walmart, and buy an inexpensive hand mixer for a little more than $20.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4064&dept=4044&product_id=2593948&path=0%3A4044%3A4064%3A90546%3A90765

That little thing will do pretty much anything you need, if you haven't
needed one up to this point, and if it turns out you use it enough to want a
major machine, you can get one later. At that point, you won't have wasted
$200 on a machine you may not use.

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.