[Sca-cooks] an interesting semi-disaster

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Jul 23 20:15:09 PDT 2004

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Problem is, thinking that this was going to be like regular sekanjabin
> syrup, I put it into a nifty bottle- one of those bottles that the
> pomegranate juice comes in- the one that's shaped like Mae West. :-) I'd
> kind of like to use the bottle again, for a batch of sekanjabin that
> doesn't turn into candy. But how to soften it up? I'd put it in the
> microwave, but I'm afraid that would only solidify it. Then I would have
> sekanjabin Jolly Ranchers!

I've found hot water dissolves most hard sugar candies (probably softer one
too).  Maybe try pouring hot tap water into whatever space you have it the top
of the bottle, wait a few minutes, then try scooping a little bit out with a
butterknife.  Repeat until it's all gone - this should get easier as the ratio
of water to sycanjabin goo increases :-)

Faerisa