[Sca-cooks] Re: Sample Class List for MK Cook's Symposium 2004

iasmin at comcast.net iasmin at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 05:15:54 PDT 2004

In reference to the classes people have proposed to date for the MK Cook's Symposium this December 2004, Stefan writes:
> If your teachers are going to write class handouts for these classes,
> I'd love to consider these for the Florilegium. They can always replace
> them later with more polished articles if they wish. And I can handle
> photographs and diagrams if they have permission to use them.
> Too bad that this symposium is too far away for me to attend.

Well, as I mentioned before, I'd be more than happy to add a handout to the teacher check-in packets that we give to instructors for the event. And one of the reasons I mention it here publicly instead of simply in a private email is because I think it's something other event stewards should consider (even if they choose not to, it's worth considering). If you'd like to write up a request, I'll include it. And you may want to think about putting a copy of it on the home page of the Florilegium for people to download too. An idea, at the very least.

At the last Cook's Symposium we hosted we included handouts for all attendees to consider the Kingdom Arts & Sciences journal. I've no idea what the net result of subscriptions or submissions was after that handout was given, but it was well received by attendees because so many of them didn't know we *had* an A&S journal! I suspect that many a person won't have thought about submitting to the Florilegium either. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they simply think the information is culled and magically appears.

Iasmin
Mistress Iasmin de Cordoba, iasmin at comcast.net
Class Coordinator, MK Cook's Symposium 2004
http://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/2004cooks/