[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Jun 3 11:09:12 PDT 2004

>I have never been to Pennsic.  I have always
>dreamed of going, but now I am beginning to
>change my dream, after reading your list.

Other things that they don't explain about Pennsic.

Magic happens in odd places and at odd times.

The lowering sunset and low hanging everpresent dust turns the very air golden in the late afternoon.

The smell of food and wood smoke, and the sound of laughter and song floating while a star falls in the night sky create a vivid impression that will stay with you as long as you live.

There will be more merchants than you will ever see at any SCA even anywhere selling everything from 7000 dollar rapiers to 16 dollar gorgets, from 3 dollar twisted brass wire penannulars to fossil containing amber pendants going for 12 thousand, from hand made bows and arrows to rubberband marshmallow guns, from books to bongos and just about everything in between.

Cooper's chocolate milk is a religion and sacrement unto itself.

Odd moments of theater happen everywhere, much of it unintentional and all of it worth watching.

Pennsic storms are awesome in every sense of the word.

If you cant find a party to atend at pennsic, you are not looking or you are not at Pennsic.

Whatever the case may be, once you go you will either be hooked or you will be turned off, there is no middle ground.

Capt Elias