[Sca-cooks] hartshom

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 22:43:36 PDT 2004

Samrah mentioned:
> Not to worry
> Olwen, some day my Galen & I will make it to "your neck of the woods"
> or let us know if you get here first.
With the recent Pennsic discussion, I thought at first you were talking
about Pennsic! Thanks to generous friends I have been able to fly into
Pennsic these past six years. I will talk about this in another
message.
> Adamantius, you keep teaching &
> I'll keep listening (although my love Galen says that hartshorn would
> certainly seem to have more glue-making than leavening properties, it
> is an interesting concept we hadn't heard of).
You might take a look at this file in the FOOD-BREADS section of the
Florilegium or try the search engine on the top page of the site. I'm
pretty sure there is more info in other files since this has been
mentioned off and on over the years.
leavening-msg     (12K)  4/ 4/04    Period leavening agents other than
yeast.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/leavening-msg.html

Stefan
--------