[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 12:04:22 PDT 2004

> > There will be more merchants than you will ever
> > see at any SCA even anywhere selling everything
> > from 7000 dollar rapiers to 16 dollar gorgets,
> > from 3 dollar twisted brass wire penannulars to
> > fossil containing amber pendants going for 12
> > thousand, from hand made bows and arrows to
> > rubberband marshmallow guns, from books to
> > bongos and just about everything in between.
>
>Actually, it is the thought of such merchants
>that keeps me considering going.  However, if I
>ever do, I will find a close motel and daytrip
>it.  The logistics of bringing my encampment
>from Los Angeles to Pennsylvania would be
>prohibitive anyway.
>
>Huette

AH-HA!!  I think we can hook her good if we all send pictures of merchants
and all the wonderous offerings and pictures of several of us going on a
group shopping stroll.  We can send photos of Devera's shoppe and the
Pepperers and all the others we know and love who merchant.  Oh!  And we
must make note of some of the fine and good bargins to be had at midnight
maddness and at the end of the war as merchants are so fatigued they would
rather sell cheap than have to pack it.  Oh, and a couple good pictures of
the shoppe that has probably a thousand pounds of amber in all forms.  Then
for good measure, perhaps a picture or two of some of the lusty blade and
armor smiths...
Olwen