[Sca-cooks] Cheese (was:Today in History.....

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jun 4 07:43:50 PDT 2004

> But...but...but.....do you mean I can't trust what I find on the internet
> and use it as primary documentation???  Even if it comes through my email???
> AAARRRGGG!  There goes my whole Art/Sci career!!

*snort*

You know, on my list of things that make me crazy is the people who expect
everything for their A&S stuff to be on the web, and won't buy books that
ARE available. I don't mind-- and I've done it myself-- if you want to ask
if stuff from out of print and/or difficult to ILL books is on the web. No
problem there. But I encounter people in my art (herbal studies) that
really don't seem to want to get their hands on even the most basic, easy
to obtain books.
Gah!

Yeah, I know, I'm whining. One of my advisors pointed out that most people
have to have one email list where they speak their mind. I guess SCA-Cooks
is mine, since speaking my mind on my kingdom A&S list got me roundly
scolded for saying "&$#%@# passive voice" [and yes, I did use the symbols,
not a real word] because I'm supposed to be some sort of a role model.
Bah.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault.
If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be.
I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do
the bad things." -- Terry Pratchett, _Jingo_