[Sca-cooks] other things they dont explain about Pennsic

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 4 12:38:42 PDT 2004

> 5) If you go into town, be sure to take your Pennic parking hangtag off
your
> mirror as you are exiting the site.  The local police heavily target this
> violation.

At one particular Pennsic (many years ago), the cops from one township did
in fact target this violation. I believe it caused a local scandal. :) In
general, taking your hangtag off is a good idea.

The story as I heard it relayed after said incident: Mac Cooper went to the
local City Council meeting and raised hell, saying in effect 'what do you
think you are doing, do you have any idea how many dollars these people
bring into our community every year?!!!???!!!', at which point there were
apologies and assurances that this practice would not be repeated.  It does
evidently remain a state law that 'thou shalt not have things hanging from
the rear view mirror' (must be terrible for the air freshener industry ;)
Christianna