[Sca-cooks] stains, was more clothing tips for pennic

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 02:37:31 PDT 2004

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi all.  This is certainly off topic (or maybe
> not since I'm asking advise
> how to get sausage grease out of a material
> that is mostly cotton, some
> rayon and some lycra (spandex).  Arg.  It's my
> favorite work type blouse and
> then I cooked in it over the weekend.  grrr.  I
> tried rubbing it with
> peroxide as I thought someone here suggested
> that but it didn't really work.
>   Any other suggestions?????

Depending on how old the stain is, if fresh,
use Spray & Wash on it before laundering, making
sure that the stain is thoroughly soaked.  If it
is old, then use Zout, following the same
procedures.  I have a favorite blouse that
got grease stained when browning some ground
beef.  I didn't realize it and didn't pretreat
it before laundering it and then putting it
in the dryer.  I rewashed it immediately and
pretreated it with Zout and the grease stains
disappeared.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.