[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 20:13:28 PDT 2004

Kirsten Houseknecht replied to me with:
> woad, yes also available.  i havent played with it myself.
> didnt know about the oak galls! i will have to get some.
The vender is Megan, who along with Claus, her husband, have a pair of
the little wooden houses along the open side of the Pennsic barn. He's
the one who sells the toys. She's the one quoted in the Florilegium
saying she really doesn't worry about the rain at Pennsic any more. She
just reaches over and closes the shutters. Lol.
> as to packing furniture <sticks tounge out>
> you know what i mean.. it collapses to the point that i can get it in
> my
> car. as opposed to some really spiffy furniture that will not.
I'm afraid I've forgotten the question. But recently Aoife posted a set
of neat links to all kinds of such stuff. This will appear in the
Florilegium in the near future, but isn't there yet. You might also
look in the various furniture files in the HOME, SWEET HOME section of
the Florilegium.

> since i sold some 100% linen to a few garb makers, maybe you will see
> more
> period clothing for guys.
>
> i also sell light weight wool... and most of the garb makers keep
> telling me
> "there just isnt a demand for linen or wool men's tunics" so if you
> all keep
> telling them there IS, and you will pay the prices they have to charge
> buy real wool or linen... then maybe the amount of period mens wear
> will
> increase.
I willing to pay extra for using wool or linen in the garb I buy if the
garb fits my persona. I'm not going to pay that extra for a generic
T-tunic. There was an outfit at Gulf Wars using linen and wool, but all
their outfits were 14th century and later. Not the Anglo-Norman tunics
I want. They did say that they were thinking of some earlier garb.
Maybe they will be at Pennsic. Right now, I don't remember the name of
the merchant though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas