[Sca-cooks] Pennsic schedule and POTLUCK

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 9 22:56:56 PDT 2004

  Yehoshua/Zach said:
> Monday works for me too. I won't be able to eat everything, but I would
> love to come put faces with names and Say HI.
Good. I was wondering if you would be able to make it at all. I guess
you could come without eating anything, but you'd miss some of the fun.
I'm glad you think you will be able to eat some of it.
> I'll be the guy in the black hat :)
The black hat is traditional/required? for Eastern European Jews,
right? Sorry, I can't remember which Jewish group is which right now.
Does this go back to before 1600? Was this something that came from
inside Jewish society? Or something which grew out of the outside world
wanting identifiers for Jews?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas