[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jun 10 13:17:53 PDT 2004

Sewing is one thing, but not everyone can do metalcasting, shoemaking,
lampwork beads, woodcarving, etc. What we're complaining about is the
scarcity of good belt fittings, shoes, jewellry and accessories, etc.
Somebody who does 14th c. can go and buy proper buttons with which to make
their dress, and find the right sorts of shoes, pattens, belt mounts,
earrings, and hair ornaments, while those of us who do other periods have
problems just finding the right brooch, let alone anything else.

And of course if you do jingle-bunny, there's stuff all over for that.

OFC: Anybody have any references for a meat tart or pie with prunes in it?

Margaret