[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jun 10 13:23:41 PDT 2004

> Sewing is one thing, but not everyone can do metalcasting, shoemaking,
> lampwork beads, woodcarving, etc. What we're complaining about is the
> scarcity of good belt fittings, shoes, jewellry and accessories, etc.
> Somebody who does 14th c. can go and buy proper buttons with which to make
> their dress, and find the right sorts of shoes, pattens, belt mounts,
> earrings, and hair ornaments, while those of us who do other periods have
> problems just finding the right brooch, let alone anything else.

The answer there is that there is a really big, active fourteenth century
community, and they get lots of people to find stuff, and the stuff goes
to the metalworkers and they make 'em.

We have a professional metalcaster in our local group who would do
metalcasting and sell the stuff if someone would help with the patterns
and if enough people would buy them...

Come to the Metalsmith's symposium or organize one near you, and catch
your own metalsmith.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Hero not the handsome actor who plays a hero's role. Hero not the glamour
girl who'd love to sell her soul." - Rush, Nobody's Hero