[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 17:20:10 PDT 2004

Point well taken.  I get tired of looking for the fittings and extras too.  And you guys are all extremely well-versed and busy hardworking people.  We have a few here who could use a bit more encouragement to remember to do their own work.  A bit like the earlier pet pieve about internet-only research.  I love shopping.  I love real SCA merchandise, things that cannot be easily done by oneself.  As one who has merchanted (herbs, spices, teas, perfumes & all things Middle Eastern) and probably will again in a couple years, I know I will be considered a "traitor".  but one of the draws of the SCA for me is that folks do stuff.... Another pet pieve is folks who never wear their personna and too much jingle bunny merchandise, but when I get my figure back I'm wearing Indian & showing my tummy ;o)

Hugs,
Samrah

"Pixel, Goddess and Queen" <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:
Sewing is one thing, but not everyone can do metalcasting, shoemaking,
lampwork beads, woodcarving, etc. What we're complaining about is the
scarcity of good belt fittings, shoes, jewellry and accessories, etc.
Somebody who does 14th c. can go and buy proper buttons with which to make
their dress, and find the right sorts of shoes, pattens, belt mounts,
earrings, and hair ornaments, while those of us who do other periods have
problems just finding the right brooch, let alone anything else.

And of course if you do jingle-bunny, there's stuff all over for that.

OFC: Anybody have any references for a meat tart or pie with prunes in it?