[Sca-cooks] buying or selling garb

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 10 15:42:13 PDT 2004

> Living in a small town in Central Montana,  I had a seamstress charge
> $7.00/hr for making  bog dresses with trim at the neck, sleeves and hem.
> bought the material & trim, and after the first one, at $49.00, the
others
> were cheaper because she had the pattern  & concept down so it was $35.00
or
> so.

The last time I made a t-tunic for someone, it took 7 hours, *not* including
the pattern, and 4 yards of fabric. No embroidery -- that really does price
you right out of the market -- but hand-stitched hems.

> Yee- haw!  for Kate!  was the teacher impressed?

Kate tells me that the Spanish teacher popped in from next door to sample
the food, and threatened the French teacher with dire consequences if she
didn't award an A.

Cynara