[Sca-cooks] Things to BUY at Pennsic

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 11 07:31:46 PDT 2004

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

>I'm the chatelaine for my local group.  Most of the new folks I've
>encountered recently have absolutely no sewing experience unless it was making a gym bag
>in a class in middle school.  Most of them are convinced they can't sew, or
>not interested in learning.

My protege was not particularly interested in sewing, until it was
pointed out that a sewing machine wasn't some girly thing, it was a
POWER TOOL. <insert official Tim The Toolman Grunt here>  A power fabric
joining tool to be more precise.  Since then, he has gone great guns and
makes his own garb.  When you make your own, you get whatever YOU want!

Selene, ducking and running but it won't do any good