[Sca-cooks] Dairy substitutions

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 11 12:06:18 PDT 2004

Jadwiga scripsit:

> Hm... what would you substitute for the milk in prepared mac and cheese?

I wouldn't, in this case, because of the cheese. It's a protein allergy, so
*any* cow product is verboten.

I use, depending on what I am making, water, soy milk, almond milk both
homemade and commercial, goat milk, veggie or chicken broth, coconut milk
... and I have found that the Tofutti soy sour cream works well as a
substitute for sour cream and for buttermilk.

How many people on this list would be interested in a dairy-free recipe
exchange?

Cynara