[Sca-cooks] Historic Cookbook Vendors

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 15:26:38 PDT 2004

The best source I have found for books of any sort is www.addall.com.
This is a place where you type in the name (or author, ISBN or keyword)
of the book you are looking for.  They then search their sources and
give you a listing, with prices, of the sellers who have your book,
ordered from cheapest to most expensive.  For example, I typed in
"Medieval Cooking" as a keyword.  One book I had returned was  Food and
Cooking in Medieval Britain (Food and Cooking in Britain).  The cheapest
price was from ABEBooks, and was $9.03 including postage.  You do get
better responses if you know the name of the book...I looked up Curye on
Inglysch, and found that Barnes and Noble.com have it for $30 including
shipping...List price is $39.95 plus shipping, so this isn't bad.

Hope this helps!

Kiri

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> I was asked by a couple friends who are going to cook their first
> feast in September for a "brain dump". My first thought was the climax
> of the film "Hannibal".
>
> But in fact, they just want me to tell them everything i know about
> feast cooking in about 2 or 3 hours.
>
> Anyway, the talk is tonight. I had written up notes and was doing a
> final edit when i realized i had not included RESOURCES!
>
> Naturally my first thought was this list. My next two thoughts were
> Stefan's Florilegium and Duke Cariadoc's website (and cook book
> collection). I mentioned the godecookery site...
>
> And naturally i thought of Devra and Poison Pen Press.
>
> But i like to be expansive... I'm not looking for a list of books, but
> places to buy them. Anyone have any other suggestions?
>
> If yes, post to the list, but *to me privately as well*, as i get this
> list as a Digest and i might not receive it until well after the talk
> is over.
>
> Thanks,
> Anahita

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence