[Sca-cooks] Historic Cookbook Vendors

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Jun 15 16:27:08 PDT 2004

as an aside of *other* sources....

the Cook's Magazine guides to roasts and other special occasion dishes is
well worth reading, while the book is not discussing period cookery, it does
discuss things that can be used in period cookery.  these guides are
available at fante's, and many specialty cooking stores.. and MAY be in some
mainstream shops.
 (detailed instructions on cooking a roast goose, for instance, are well
worth reading  for any cook...)

i generally recomend browsing the specialty cookbooks and supplies in a
gormet cookery store..... you occasionally stumble over some period
references..... and its neat anyway.
Kirsten Houseknecht
Fabric Dragon
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
www.fabricdragon.com
Philadelphia, PA     USA
Trims, Amber, Jet, Jewelry, and more...

I worry about you, wear a reflective sweater...