[Sca-cooks] Historic Cookbook Vendors

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 15 23:45:00 PDT 2004

Anahita asked:
> But i like to be expansive... I'm not looking for a list of books,
> but places to buy them. Anyone have any other suggestions?
I'm afraid that since I also get this list by digest, that this is now
too late for your class. But for future referance, there are these two
files in the FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:
merch-cookbks-msg (10K)  8/31/99    Merchants selling period cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/merch-cookbks-msg.html
cookbooks-SCA-msg (27K)  9/29/00    Cookbooks written by people in the
SCA.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cookbooks-SCA-msg.html

I list the last one because many of the period cookbooks are privately
published and may not be available through the usual book venders.
Master Cariadoc's three volumes quickly come to mind.

Also, free copies are also appreciated by many:
online-ckbks-msg  (41K)  8/20/02    Online versions of period cookbooks.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/online-ckbks-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas