[Sca-cooks] herbs, was Things to BUY at Pennsic

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 07:42:31 PDT 2004

>I would have to do a bit of looking for food-safe garb-bug stuff -- I have a
>good moth sachet recipe but don't remember where I filed it -- but I have
>had great success keeping meal moths out of the pantry simply by leaving a
>small open baggie of bay leaves on the shelf. (I did clean the pantry fairly
>thoroughly first, but cleaning never prevented the bugs from coming back
>before, and I haven't seen a bug since. Though I would probably be glad to
>see a butter bug or two.)
>
>Cynara

Is this a Bujold reference?  <BIG GRIN>

I'll have to try the bay leaf thing, we know someone with a tree.

In the meantime:  fleas dislike most mints, pennyroyal included.  I may
try something minty on Canine Morale Officer Tegan and report back on
the experiment.  At least the dog breath issue will be improved.

Selene Colfox