[Sca-cooks] Digby's Small Cakes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 20:46:37 PDT 2004

AEllin commented:
> I need to bring something snacky/desserty to an event with a Late
> Elizabethan theme, and looked at these. (OK, they're slightly later -
> they'll deal...) I looked up the recipe in the Florithingy (thanks,
> Stefan) and glanced through the several redactions there. And noticed
> something that intrigued me.
<snip>
I'm glad the Florilegium was of use to you. Thanks for the further
analysis of this recipe. I think the file you were looking in must have
been the desserts-msg file from your comments about the file having
several redactions. I'm not sure if you saw it, but there is also this
file, with more analysis of this recipe.  I can't tell how thick the
author made his cakes, though.
Digby-Cakes-art   (12K)  6/30/01    "Excellent Small Cakes Revisited"
                                        by Tirloch of Tallaght.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/Digby-Cakes-art.html

I will be interested in seeing what Master Cariadoc has to say about
this.

I have now added yours and Adamantius' comments to the desserts-msg
file for now. I need to move some of the stuff in the desserts-msg file
to a new file, though.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas